Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
“Goals always change games. We’ve got to get the first goal and then anything can happen,” Solskjaer said.“Football is a technical and tactical game but it’s also a mental game. If we get the first one we would start believing more and then they might start doubting themselves.“It’s never mission impossible. It’s just more difficult.“Everyone knows we can do it. In the Champions League in the last few years there have been so many examples of teams that can change results like this.”United have won 13 out their 16 fixtures in all competitions since Solskjaer took charge in December.However, despite domestic victories away at Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea, United’s last away win in the knock-out phase of the Champions League was in April 2011 against Schalke.“When nobody believes in you there is always that bit of character in yourself that you want to show,” Solskjaer added.“Making history is not the motivation. The motivation is going through. These players aren’t used to losing.”Solskjaer’s side also go into the second leg in Paris with the suspended Paul Pogba and Alexis Sanchez among 10 first-team absentees.Sanchez will be missing for four to six weeks after going off injured in the 3-2 win over Southampton on Saturday.Defender Phil Jones is out with illness, while Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic and Matteo Darmian are all injured and not among the 20-man squad that travelled to France.Teenagers Tahith Chong, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams have been included.Meanwhile, Edinson Cavani faces a late fitness test ahead match for Paris St Germain’ according to coach Thomas Tuchel.The Uruguay striker, who picked up a thigh injury last month and missed his club’s 2-0 win in the first leg at Old Trafford, has taken part in the last two training sessions.“He took part in the last two training sessions in full, but we are going to wait until tomorrow,” Tuchel told a news conference yesterday.“We have decided to wait and make a decision on his participation in the game tomorrow.”MATCH FACTSNo club has ever progressed to the next round of the Champions League after losing the first leg of a knockout match at home by two or more goals (34 previous cases).Paris St-Germain have lost just one of their last 16 Champions League games at home (W10 D5), but that defeat came in the last 16 last season against Real Madrid (1-2).None of the last six English sides to face Paris St-Germain at the Parc des Princes have won. In fact, the only English team to prevail away from home versus PSG were Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea in September 2004 (3-0).Four of the last five two-legged encounters between teams from England and France in the Champions League knockout phase have seen the French side progress.PSG have scored 35 goals in their last 10 Champions League home games but haven’t kept a clean sheet in each of the last five.Manchester United have won only one of their last 10 Champions League knockout games (D3 L6), with this coming against Olympiakos in March 2014 (3-0 at Old Trafford). Their last away win in the knockout stages came eight years ago against Schalke (2-0), in April 2011.Manchester United have lost their last two Champions League matches (1-2 away in Valencia in the final group stage match, 0-2 defeat to PSG in the first leg of this tie). They haven’t lost three games in succession in the competition since March 2005.The heaviest margin of defeat that Manchester United have suffered over a two-legged European tie is by three goals; in the 1957/58 European Cup semi-final versus AC Milan (2-5 on aggregate) and in the 1991/92 Cup Winners’ Cup Round of 16 against Atletico Madrid (1-4 on aggregate).Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Manchester United’s last-16 second-leg Champions League tie at Paris St-Germain tonight is not “mission impossible”, says interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.The match is coming against the backdrop of Ajax’s spectacular comeback against cup holders, Real Madrid last night at Santiago Bernabue where they won 4-1 after 1-2 loss in Amsterdam three weeks ago.United lost the home leg 2-0 and will need to make history to progress and club has ever advanced in the knockout phase after losing at home by two or more goals in the first leg. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer excited by return to Old Trafford
Facebook13Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston CountyCommunity Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) has joined Boys & Girls Club of Washington (BGCWA) as a Nutrition Partner to combat childhood obesity in Washington State.CPHW is partnering with BGCWA to support new and existing programs that encourage healthy lifestyle behavior changes and have lasting impacts on their health and wellbeing. Programs will emphasize health and wellness, including kitchen snack programs, scratch cooking, nutrition education and related activities that underscore portion control, a balanced diet and healthy food choices.“We are thrilled to be working with the Boys & Girls Club of Washington to tackle the growing epidemic of childhood obesity in our community. This partnership creates an incredible opportunity for our youngest and most vulnerable members to get on the path to good nutrition and lifelong health,” said Leanne Berge, CEO, Community Health Plan of Washington which provides free Boys & Girls Club memberships for youth enrolled in its Medicaid health plan.In the last Washington State DOH report on child weight and physical activity, 10% of 8th, 10th, and 12th graders were obese and another 13-14% were overweight. Among 10th graders, American Indian/Alaskan Natives, Blacks, Hispanics and Pacific Islanders were more likely than Whites to be overweight or obese. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, childhood obesity has tripled since 1980 with nearly one in every three children being overweight or obese. Children from low-income and low-education households are three-times more likely to suffer from obesity, which is a leading risk factor for diabetes, heart disease and many cancers. America’s Health Rankings®, an annual comprehensive assessment of the nation’s health on a state-by-state basis, reports that 26 percent of people in our state are obese.Serving more than 79,000 Washington youth, the BGCWA exist to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. The clubs provide a safe place to learn and experience life enhancing programs and character development.“We are so pleased to receive support from Community Health Plan of Washington,” said Matt Watrous, executive director, Boys & Girls Clubs of Washington. “We appreciate the support in our efforts to prevent youth obesity of our Club members. This funding will provide a safe environment to educate our members about the importance of healthy lifestyle choices, and the relationship between food and health.”
You’ll never meet a more friendly and gregarious sports figure than Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, a guy who seemingly has it all together — faith, perspective, a beautiful family and also … Click here if you are having trouble viewing the photo gallery or video on your mobile device.For complete Oakland Raiders coverage follow us on Flipboard.ALAMEDA — What we learned Wednesday as the Raiders continued preparations to face the Seattle Seahawks in London:Derek Carr needs to relax
12 October 2004South African National Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi was elected the new president of Interpol at the end of the international agency’s 73rd general assembly in Cancun, Mexico on Friday.Interpol, founded in 1923 to help police fight trans-border crime, is the world’s largest international police organisation, with 181 member countries on five continents.Selebi, who was Interpol vice-president for Africa, was elected by a vote of 89 to 31 over Mexican nominee Genaro Garcia Luna, director of the Mexican Federal Agency for Investigations.Selebi is the first African to hold the post, taking over from Spaniard Jesus Espigares Mira, who was at Interpol’s helm since 2000.Selebi’s role during his four-year term will include chairing meetings of Interpol’s executive committee, which supervises the implementation of decisions taken at the body’s general assembly.In accepting his election, Selebi said one of his priorities would be to help strengthen weaker regions among Interpol’s 182 member countries.“We need to ensure that areas such as the Caribbean and Africa become part and parcel of the organisation, and we need to accrue benefits from their membership”, Selebi said.“As President of Interpol, I am ready to serve all members of the international police community in every area of crime-fighting.”Interpol ended its general assembly with a call for wider data access for the world’s police, saying the fight against international crime and terrorism would be more efficient “if international police information can be shared at all levels – local, regional and international”.Interpol offers police in its member countries a range of services and databases to fight international crime, including wanted persons notices, a variety of databases – including fingerprints, stolen travel documents, stolen vehicles and child abuse images – criminal analysis services and anti-terrorism programmes.SouthAfrica.info reporter
Related Posts One of the risks facing any enterprise is how to deal with people who use the corporate network to post rude, sexist or even racist material on public facing web sites.That issue is coming home to roost for Volvo, following the news that Wikipedia has banned editing from machines inside the Volvo IT Department for racist remarks left on the pages of two well-known Pakistani Cricket players.According to the Channel Register, someone in the Volvo IT Department wrote a number of racist remarks in articles about two Pakistani cricket players: Wasim Akram and Inzamam-ul-Haq. The IP Address, 126.96.36.199, maps back to the Volvo IT Department. Tags:#enterprise#news The rants were not directed at the players but other contributors to the site. Less than 20 minutes after the rants were left on the site, Wikipedia banned the Volvo IP address until early December.Volvo made a statement that they are investigating the incident.According to Channel Register, Volvo stated:“We have a policy describing acceptable and prohibited use of Internet services and the measures to be taken if these services are misused.”How to deal with the way people conduct themselves using the web and real-time applications will become an increasingly challenging issue for the enterprise. How this pans out will come down to the policies companies establish. The truth is, we are in the early days of microblogging and even writing to the web. Corporate policies are few and far between. But you know this issue is going to be on the minds of managers everywhere as as incidents like the one at Volvo repeat themselves in any number of ways. IT + Project Management: A Love Affair alex williams Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of…
Continuing protests by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over coal block allocations on Tuesday forced repeated disruptions of both Houses of Parliament again, with the Lok Sabha being adjourned for the day.The Rajya Sabha was adjourned till 2 p.m.As soon as both houses met at 12 noon after the first adjournment, BJP members were on their feet chanting slogans demanding Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s resignation over the government auditor’s report alleging large scale irregularities in allocating coal blocks.Congress MP P.C. Chacko, who was in the chair in the Lok Sabha, got passed the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, Bill 2012. With this, both houses of Parliament have cleared the bill, which was earlier passed by the Upper House.The AIADMK members were holding placards protesting the forthcoming visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa to India on September 21 for a Buddhist celebration. “Don’t allow Rajapaksa in Buddha celebrations at Madhya Pradesh on September 21,” the placards read.In the Rajya Sabha, protests by the BJP continued and the house was adjourned till 2 p.m.Parliament’s Monsoon session is set to end on September 7. This session has seen nine successive working days lost due to the BJP’s protests.
Former Florida State running back Karlos Williams is upset – and a little misinformed. Saturday afternoon, Williams, who is clearly watching his alma mater take on Syracuse, tweeted out his displeasure with head coach Jimbo Fisher for starting freshman Jacques Patrick over junior Mario Pender at running back in place of injured star Dalvin Cook. The only problem? Pender is out for the contest, still recovering from a collapsed lung he suffered back in September. Williams later realized his mistake.Pender ain’t dressed. Wtf— Karlos Williams Sr (@Karlos_29_SR) October 31, 2015 Pender did return to practice this week, for what it’s worth. But he’s been listed as out since Thursday.Fisher also said that Terrance Smith, Mario Pender, Marcus Lewis, Derrick Kelly will be out for Syracuse. Ryan Hoefeld is questionable.— Curt Weiler (@CurtMWeiler) October 29, 2015Another reminder to never tweet.
Dharamsala: The Himachal Cricket Association on Tuesday announced that the refund of the tickets of the abandoned first T20 International match between India and South Africa will begin from Thursday. The T20I between India and South Africa here on September 15 was abandoned due to heavy rain without a single ball being bowled. Since the toss was also not held, the viewing public is entitled to get a refund of their tickets. The HPCA said the refund to the customers who bought tickets off-line through the official stadium Box office at gate 1 will be done from September 19 to 22. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhThe customers will have to produce their physical tickets along with their government-issued photo ID proof to claim the refunds at the stadium Box Office from 10 am to 7pm. The HPCA said that if the tickets were purchased though card payment at the sale box, one must carry that physical card with which the payment was made to get the refund. A maximum number of four tickets per person shall be refunded as was the rule during purchase too. The refund of tickets of West Stand (West 1, 2 & 3), Pavilion Terrace and Corporate Boxes will also be done on Thursday. Tickets of East Stand (East 1, 2 & 3) and Club Lounge Pavilion will be refunded on Friday. The refund of tickets of North Stand, North Pavilion and North West will be done on Saturday and Sunday. Customers who have bought tickets online from paytm.com and/or insider will get back their money within 10 12 working days from Tuesday onwards and refunds will be credited to their original mode of payment. The refund of the tickets will be made for the face value of the ticket only.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – A pipeline company was convicted of nine criminal charges Friday for causing the worst California coastal spill in 25 years, a disaster that blackened popular beaches for miles, killed wildlife and hurt tourism and fishing.A Santa Barbara County jury found Houston-based Plains All American Pipeline guilty of a felony count of failing to properly maintain its pipeline and eight misdemeanour charges, including killing marine mammals and protected sea birds.California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said in a statement that Plains’ actions were not only reckless and irresponsible but also criminal.“Today’s verdict should send a message: if you endanger our environment and wildlife, we will hold you accountable,” he said.Plains said in a statement that the jury didn’t find any knowing misconduct by the company and “accepts full responsibility for the impact of the accident.”“We are committed to doing the right thing,” the company said.The company said its operation of the pipeline met or exceeded legal and industry standards, and believes the jury erred in its verdict on one count where California law allowed a conviction under a standard of negligence.“We intend to fully evaluate and consider all of our legal options with respect to the trial and resulting jury decision,” Plains said.The company is set to be sentenced on Dec. 13. Because it’s a company, and not a person, Plains only faces fines, though it’s unclear how steep the penalties could be.Plains had faced a total of 15 charges for the rupture of a corroded pipeline that sent at least 123,000 gallons (465,000 litres) of crude oil gushing onto Refugio State Beach in Santa Barbara County, northwest of Los Angeles.Plains pleaded not guilty to the charges and accused prosecutors of criminalizing an unfortunate accident.But federal inspectors found that Plains had made several preventable errors, failed to quickly detect the pipeline rupture and responded too slowly as oil flowed toward the ocean.Plains operators working from a Texas control room more than 1,000 miles (1,609 kilometres) away had turned off an alarm that would have signalled a leak and, unaware a spill had occurred, restarted the hemorrhaging line after it had shut down, which only made matters worse, inspectors found.The spill, two weeks shy of Memorial Day, closed beaches with popular campgrounds for two months and put a crimp in the local tourist economy and fishing industry.It also crippled the local oil business because the pipeline was used to transport crude to refineries from seven offshore rigs, including three owned by Exxon Mobil, that have been idle since the spill.Last year, Denver-based Venoco, declared bankruptcy, in part because it wasn’t able to operate its platform. The state is now responsible for plugging and decommissioning Veneco’s wells at an estimated cost of $58 million. That doesn’t include the eventual cost to remove the enormous structure.Plains apologized for the spill and paid for the cleanup. The company’s 2017 annual report estimated costs from the spill at $335 million, not including lost revenues.It is seeking approval to repair or rebuild its corroded pipelines.The company still faces possible fines from the U.S. government and also faces a federal class-action lawsuit by owners of beachfront properties, fishing boat operators, the petroleum industry and oil workers who lost jobs because of the spill.The pipeline that spilled has been shuttered but Plains has applied to build a new one in the same location.Kristen Monsell, oceans legal director with the Center for Biological Diversity, said in a statement that Plains can’t be given “a second chance to spill again.”“It’s time to get dirty, dangerous drilling out of our oceans, out of our coastal areas and out of our state,” she said.___Associated Press writer Brian Melley contributed to this report.