ClassNK Grants AiP to NS United Kaiun Kaisha & Imabari for LNG-Fueled Capesize

first_imgClassification society Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (ClassNK) has granted an Approval in Principle (AiP) to Japanese shipbuilders NS United Kaiun Kaisha and Imabari Shipbuilding Co. for their joint project on the concept design of an LNG-fueled Capesize bulker.According to Imabari, the design adopts a low-pressure dual-fuel engine for the main engine, which enables the use of gas that has naturally vaporized (BOG: boil-off gas) from the LNG tanks in the main engine without any waste, thereby reducing the burden on the environment and lowering running costs.“By installing two Type C LNG tanks at the stern, which are considered to be cost-competitive and are comparatively easy to install, it is possible to build an LNG-fueled vessel without significant changes to the conventional vessel’s basic design.“This basic design can achieve CO2 emission volumes that are 30% less than the reference line as required under EEDI Phase 3 by the IMO,” the yard said.Japanese shipbuilders have been very busy with the advancing of their projects in developing ships fuelled by LNG. Namely, earlier this year, Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) secured an AIP for the concept design of an LNG-fueled 207,000 dwt bulk carrier.Featuring a length of around 300 meters and a width of 50 meters, the new LNG-fueled bulk carrier keeps its cargo space as large as that of conventional oil-fueled ships by configuring the LNG fuel tank behind the accommodation in the stern.Powered by low-speed, dual-fuel diesel engine, the ship achieves significantly reduced emissions of CO2, NOx, SOx, and particulate matter when using LNG as fuel, meeting Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) Phase 3 requirements.The development of LNG-fuelled vessels is being pursued across the shipbuilding sector amid an anticipated increase of the global demand for LNG-fuelled ships as part of ship-owners’ switch to greener fuels.last_img read more

Belgium says yes to CDV’s stricter gambling advertising code

first_img Share Share Related Articles ASA monitoring sweep marks gambling as the worst underage advertising offender August 26, 2020 Submit UK gambling adopts toughest online advertising code to protect underage audiences August 27, 2020 StumbleUpon Belgian Pro League live betting streaming deal for Stats Perform August 21, 2020 Koen GeensThe government of Belgium is set to press forward with a stricter national gambling advertising code, which will see the introduction of a blanket ban on all forms of gambling-related promotions during live sports broadcasts.Belgium’s Parliamentary Chamber of Representatives (De Kamer), is reported to have approved the new gambling advertising standards code tabled last June by Christian Democrat CDV MP Koen Geens.Concerned by the increased exposure of gambling-related services to Belgian minors and vulnerable consumers, Geens had put forward a new ‘five-point mandate’ to limit industry advertising.Provisions include an outright ‘all-vertical ’ban on betting/gambling advertising during sports broadcasts, which would be supported by the introduction of an 8 pm Belgium watershed.Additionally, Geens and CDV further want to limit the number of advertisements served by individual operators and include new consumer provisions related to tackling and raising awareness of problem gambling.The CDV’s stance on stricter betting advertising has been supported by national regulator the Belgium Gaming Commission (BGC), who has stated that the country’s needs a higher standard of policy for its regulated market stakeholders.However, in June, Belgian media owners criticised the BGC for not providing clarity on advertising standards, which have remained vague with regards to viewer provisions and digital marketing practices.last_img read more

Three takeaways from No. 5 North Carolina’s win over Syracuse

first_img Romeo Langford’s late layup gives Indiana double-overtime win over No. 19 Wisconsin Duke vs. Virginia Tech: Three takeaways from the Blue Devils’ loss North Carolina pulled off a 93-85 win over Syracuse on Tuesday, extending its winning streak to four games.The Tar Heels put together some impressive runs during the game, but the Orange kept battling back to keep things competitive. Nevertheless, UNC remains one of the hottest teams in the country.Here are three takeaways from the Tar Heels’ victory: Related Newscenter_img While Syracuse did manage to topple Duke earlier this year, it gave up 90 points twice this season, and will have to face No. 2 Virginia on March 4 before the regular season comes to a close.The Orange have consistently been a dark horse come tournament time in years past. But they have a few kinks to iron out as March Madness approaches. Coby White is an elite shot creatorWhite’s versatility on offense has been a valuable asset for UNC all season. The guard became the first Tar Heel freshman to record three 30-point games in a season. He scored 34 points on 9-of-14 shooting against Syracuse and was a perfect 10-of-10 from the free throw line.The Orange’s zone defense was no match for White, who slashed to the basket for quality looks in the paint. He also rattled home six 3-pointers, proving teams trying to defend him will have to pick their poison.Getting to the line will prove to be key for the Tar HeelsUNC was remarkable when it came to getting to the free-throw line Tuesday and they also converted at an efficient clip. The Tar Heels shot 14 more free-throws than the Orange, making 34 of their 37 attempts. The Tar Heels have shot less free throws than their opponents in four of their five losses this season, so replicating Tuesday’s success could prove to be beneficial.Syracuse’s defense has been exposed against top talentThe Orange entered Tuesday with the NCAA’s 24th ranked scoring defense, allowing just 64.1 points per game. But Syracuse has given up 76.5 points per game against ranked opponents this season.last_img read more

Logan Paul says he’s ‘serious’ about potential fight vs. Antonio Brown

first_imgThe former Steelers receiver was traded to the Raiders in March but never played a down for them as he was released following a series of controversies. He then wound up on the Patriots, but was cut after just one game amid allegations of sexual assault and rape.Paul believes fighting the receiver would give the out-of-work Brown a renewed focus.”I think we might be closer than anyone expected, than even we expected,” Paul added. “In my mind, this whole thing seems …They say if it’s too good to be true it probably is. In my mind, I’m getting that feeling because I genuinely do not know how serious AB is. Coming from a person who was in a s— position after Tokyo [when Paul was criticised for posting a video showing the body of an apparent suicide victim], and in many ways the KSI fight gave me a purpose, I think this would do that for Antonio Brown, give him a nice payday, give him a chance to redeem himself. It would be one of the greatest events of 2020.” While Brown has no experience in boxing, Paul has been in the ring for two fights against fellow YouTube star KSI, who won their rematch in November after the first contest ended in a draw.Asked by TMZ whether he genuinely wanted to return to the ring to fight Brown, Paul replied: “I’m f—ing serious, bro. You know how serious I take fighting. I love talking smack; I also love backing it up.” View this post on Instagram Beat you 🏈 now 🥊 #SoonTheyForgetA post shared by Boomin (@ab) on Jan 8, 2020 at 3:29pm PSTMORE: Jake Paul calls Gib a doormat he’s ‘wiping his shoes on’ before fight vs. KSIBrown has not played an NFL snap since the middle of September and experienced a tumultuous 2019. Logan Paul is “serious” about boxing Antonio Brown, and believes a fight is close to being arranged.Paul called out Brown last month, and the seven-time Pro Bowler seemed to be on board with the idea. Brown told the YouTube star to “square up” while revealing he intended to enlist the help of Floyd Mayweather Jr.last_img read more

Chickasaw County mom gets life for death of baby son found in swing

first_imgNEW HAMPTON, Iowa (AP) — A Chickasaw County woman whose infant son’s lifeless body was found in a baby swing has been imprisoned for life without possibility of parole.Court records say 22-year-old Cheyanne Harris was sentenced Tuesday in New Hampton to the state-mandated penalty, and her request for a new trial was denied. A jury found her guilty Feb. 6 of first-degree murder and child endangerment causing death.The charges stem from the death of 4-month-old Sterling Koehn, whose body was found Aug. 30, 2017, in a maggot-infested diaper at an apartment in Alta Vista. The swing was in a sweltering bedroom.An autopsy shows he died of malnutrition, dehydration and an E. coli infection.The baby’s father, Zachary Koehn, also has been sentenced to life in prison.last_img read more