first_imgThe Dungloe Sewerage Action Group has welcomed the announcement by Minister Dinny McGinley regarding the commencement of a sewerage scheme in Dungloe.During an interview with Myles Duggan on RTÉ Radio 1 on Monday 12th August, Minister McGinley said that the Dungloe Sewerage Scheme would be starting in weeks rather than months.The action group says it will continue to monitor the progress of the work very closely to ensure that it commences within a few weeks, as promised. The Dungloe Sewerage Action Group, set up recently following sewerage leaks in the town, now calls on the Council to put in place a desludging programme until such time as the new sewage plant is operational.The group has calculated that the existing septic tanks should be desludged at least once a fortnight so as to guarantee that the people of Dungloe are never exposed again to the dangers that arose recently.The group also reiterates their call on the Council to set up a consultation process with the people of Dungloe to outline the extent and timeframe of the proposed works.DUNGLOE SEWERAGE ACTION GROUP SAYS IT HOPES MINISTER WILL DELIVER IN WEEKS was last modified: August 21st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Minister Dinny McGinleysewerage schemelast_img read more


first_imgDONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUEREPORTSOld Orchard Saturday Division Glencar Celtic 1 Arranmore United 3Glencar hosted Arranmore in their first home game and took an early lead with a free kick hammered home by Garvin Grieve. Glencar good not find that second goal and Arranmore equalised with a great free kick from Gavin Mc Glanaghey. He doubled his tally from the penalty spot and his brother Chris scored in the last few minutes to seal the points. Glencar was served best by Chick Mc Laughlin and Graham Cullen and Arranmore produced a team performance on the day.Strand Rovers 3 Fintown Harps AFC 0Strand Rovers welcomed Fintown to Maghery this weekend with a point to prove after a dismal performance last weekend. Conditions were good and Strand started very brightly and were rewarded after only 5 minutes when a cross was headed home by Brendan Glackin. Strand continued to press and were once again rewarded when Gerard Diver cracked home a fantastic free kick after 15 minutes to make it 2-0. All credit to Fintown who tried to get back into it and held off any further advances to leave it 2-0 at the break. The second half was much of the same with Strand applying the pressure and they went 3 up 5 minutes in with a goal created and finished off by Paddy Glackin. Three up and Strand pulled the foot off the gas a wee bit and keeper Kevin Mc Govern had to pull off a wonder save to deny Fintown a goal. Strand forced numerous corners and brought saves from the Fintown keeper but did not add to their tallyOrchard F.C. 5 Mulroy Celtic 0Orchard continued their good start to the season with a 5-0 victory over a Mulroy team missing a few players because of GAA commitments. A well worked short corner brought Orchard’s first of the day with Micheal Doherty finishing well from inside the box. Mulroy almost got back on level terms when they went straight up the pitch but the Mulroy striker was thwarted by an excellent save from Orchard keeper Tommy McLaughlin. Doherty doubled Orchard’s lead when his well struck shot from 25 yards out took a deflection that gave the Mulroy keeper no chance. The second half started slowly with neither team creating many chances of note in the first 20 minutes. After 70 minutes Niall Bonner almost made it three when his fiercely stuck shot came crashing off the bar. Five minutes later and Orchard did have their third when Bonner’s deep cross was expertly headed over the keeper by Redmond Doherty. Orchard finished the game as a contest two minutes later when a fine through ball from Bonner found Gavin Mc Brearty in space and he calmly slotted home to the bottom corner. Bonner got on the score sheet late on after exchanging passes with Redmond Doherty in the box to finish from close range. Best for Mulroy was Mark Griffin who was lively throughout. Good team performance from Orchard. Referee Joe McHughDrumkeen United 2 Drumbar F.C. 0Drumkeen got their League Campaign off to winning start but this was a hard earned victory against Drumbar who were always in the game and the home team only made sure of the points with a second goal near the end. he Home team started brightly but the visitors had the first real chance of the game when a Conrad Clarke effort from the edge of the box forced a great save from Ciaran Bonner. Shortly afterwards Drumkeen took the lead. Rory Gildea took a free kick on the left side on the halfway line which found Aaron Doherty out wide on the right wing. His cross into the middle was turned home by Anthony Browne. After taking the lead the home team seemed to lose their way a bit and Drumbar gradually worked their way into the game. The visitors finished the half strongly and began the second half in similar fashion without managing to score an equaliser. Drumkeen were under pressure at times but they were still having chances as play swung from end to end. Peter McNamee who came on at half time was denied several times by the Drumbar Keeper and Anthony Browne had a couple of chances. At the other end Conrad Clarke had a few chances for Drumbar which he failed to convert. As the game was drawing to a close the home team were holding on but with only a one goal lead it was going to be a difficult last few minutes. Drumkeen made the points secure towards the end when Peter McNamee finally got the better of the Drumbar keeper as he scored a second goal to ease the home nerves. This will not go down as a classic but both teams tried hard and there was some nice football on Display at times. A good team effort from both teams. Referee: Ed Moore.Glencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionErne Wanderers Reserves 0 Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 1Drumoghill took an early lead with their first chance of the game on 10 minutes, the striker chipping it nicely over O’ Brien in the Wanderers’ goal. Erne had plenty of chances before and after the goal to get on the score sheet with Dan Warnock and Luke Toland both coming close. Although found sleeping for the goal Wanderers straightened up and dealt well with the bombardment of long balls over the top and continued to play football but failed to take any of their chances. Both teams had chances late on.St. Catherines Reserves 2 Glenea United Reserves 3St. Catherines hosted Glenea United in Emerald Park in perfect conditions. The away team started brightest and dominated possession for the first ten minutes. St. Catherines opened the scoring through Barry Cannon when he found himself through on the keeper after a defensive mistake and he slotted to the back of the net. St. Catherines had a good chance to add to their lead before half time but Stevie Anderson missed from close range with a header. St. Catherines got their second in the 60th minute when Barry Cannon got his second of the game. Kevin Doohan scored with a tap in from a corner on 70 minutes and Padraig McGee got Glenea on level terms on 78 minutes from the penalty spot. Paul McFadden then hit the post for S. Catherines but Glenea wrapped up the points in the last minute when Kieran Mc Geady found the bottom corner with a shot from the edge of the box. Best for St. Catherines were Stephen Leslie and Barry Cannon and it was a good team display from Glenea.Milford United Reserves 1 Cappry Rovers Reserves 1Milford welcomed Cappry to Moyle View Park for their first home league game of the season. Cappry took an early lead in the 5th minute after a poor clearance from Milford’s goalie landed straight to Cappry’s striker who made no mistake in placing it into the bottom corner. Milford grew into the game and got a deserved equaliser in the 35th minute. Brendan Murray combined well with Ciaran Blaney down the right wing with Blaney crossing for Ethan O’ Donnell who swivelled smartly before firing home. Both teams had chances to win it in the second half with JJ Fleming seeing a lobbed effort just sail over Cappry’s bar, and Cappry missing their own one on one with Milford’s goalie pulling off a smart save. A draw was a fair result after a good team effort from both teams. Referee: Keith FerryKeadue Rovers Reserves 1 Castlefin Celtic Reserves 1A hard fought game in Keadue saw both teams share the points. A quiet first half saw neither side create much. Conor Dalton had Castlefin’s best chance after 30 minutes forcing Keadue keeper Ben Boyle into a good save. Castlefin took the lead after 55 minutes when David Stewart scored a header from a corner at the back post. Keadue equalised on 64th minute from a free kick, which Shaun ‘Yank’ Boyle finished from 4 yards. Referee: James Malseed Best for Keadue: Ben Boyle Best for Castlefin: Team Performance.Curragh Athletic Reserves 2 Glenree United Reserves 1With just 9 minutes on the clock Simon Cromie cut in from the wing received Michael Kearney’s pass, beat the full back and placed the ball past the visitor’s keeper, unfortunately for the Curragh it rebounded back off the post and was cleared away. It remained scoreless in the first half. On 54minutes, after a short spell of Curragh pressure, the ball was lost to Mc Laughlin who drove forward only to be met by the out rushing Curragh keeper Jason Woods. McLaughlin got there first and Woods clattered into him whilst trying to clear the ball. Red card brandished and penalty awarded. Up stepped John Doherty putting Glenree 1-0 up against the flow of play. With ten men you’d have thought the Curragh would crumble, not to be though. Paddy Cassidy crossed into the box where a hand-ball presented Curragh with a penalty. Up stepped Gary Heaney to finally get the goal he deserved on 67minutes. A winner did come eventually when James Sweeney scored for the home side. Best for Curragh: All round team performance. Best for Erne: Martin McLaughlin. Referee: Dessie McLaughlinBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCappry Rovers 1 Gweedore Celtic 4Gweedore Celtic went away with the three points from Cappry Park. In the first half both teams played some good football with both teams creating chances. Cappry took the lead in the thirty third minute when the Gweedore keeper could only parry a shot from Aaron Kelly and the ball fell to Stephen Carr who drilled it to the net from ten yards. The visitors went in search of the equaliser and were rewarded when they were awarded a penalty in the thirty sixth minute and Shane Porter scored from the spot. Gweedore went in front in the forty sixth minute when a shot was parried by Eoghan Gallen and it fell to Jay Dee and he scored from close range. There was more trouble for Cappry in the fifty fifth minute when Jamie Boyle scored to the bottom of the net with a shot. Tommy Diver scored Gweedore’s fourth goal in the sixty seventh minute with a header following a free kick. Cappry pushed forward looking to get goals back but to no avail. Team Performance from Cappry.Shane Porter and Ryan Kelly were best for Gweedore. Referee: Paddy Duffy.Castlefin Celtic 3 Milford United 1Milford began the half brightly taking the lead after 10 minutes when Kyle Black found himself free at the back post to tap in. Castlefin equalised 5 minutes later, a Barry Tourish cross found Ronan Tourish who finished into the top corner. Castlefin had a great chance to take the lead before the break, PJ Mc Menamin forcing the Milford keeper into an excellent save. Castlefin took the lead early in the second half when JP Malley rounded the keeper to slot home on 55 minutes. JP Malley got his second and Castlefin’s third on 62 minutes, Malley’s free kick made its way through a crowded Milford box to hit the back post and go in. Castlefin kept the pressure on for the rest of the game with Ronan and Barry Tourish coming close. Referee: Patrick Martin. Best for Castlefin: Team Performance. Best for Milford: Kyle BlackGlenea United 1 St. Catherines 1In a hard fought game both sides had to settle for a point. In the 1st half St Catherine’s played with the elements but found it hard to create any clear chances while the home side were also finding it difficult to create anything. The away side opened the scoring on 23 minutes when Glenea failed to clear a corner properly and it broke to the edge of the box where it was hammered back past Joe Coll. Glenea almost equalised on 35 minutes when Darren Mc Geever’s effort from 35 yards almost caught out the away keeper but it just sailed wide of the post. In the 2nd half it was Glenea that started the strongest and they equalised on 50 minutes when Aodhan Ferry headed home a Padraig McGee free-kick. Both sides battled to get on top after this but chances were at a premium. Glenea thought they had scored on 75 minutes, but Darren Mc Geever’s effort was controversially ruled out for offside. S.t Catherines went close on 83 minutes when Barry Cannon got free but his effort was well saved by Joe Coll. Glenea pressed right until the end and Donal Coll saw his header well saved. Best for Glenea was Donal Coll and Christopher Cannon, while Barry Cannon was best St. Catherines. Referee: Marty QuinnWatson Hire Division OneBonagee United 4 Keadue Rovers 4( No Report Submitted )Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 2 Cranford United 6Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. lost at home to Cranford United on Sunday evening. Three down at half time Niall Doherty produced a contender for Goal of the Season to give Hughie Walshe’s men a boost. Ciaran Mc Laughlin also scored for the Rab’s Park outfit but they had no answer for Cranford who added three more to seal the points. The Cranford scorers were Marty Mc Bride x3, Caolan Mc Gee x2 and Mark Morrison. Donegal Town 1 Gweedore United 3This game was played in very wet conditions on the Hospital Field, Donegal Town. Gweedore United got off to a dream start and found themselves two goals ahead after only 16 minutes. Patrick Coyle getting Gweedore’s first, a fine strike from 20 yards and then Micheal Barry got on the end of a loose ball at the edge of the Donegal box and made no mistake from close range. 2-0 to Gweedore at half time. Donegal pushed hard in the 2nd half but couldn’t break down an excellent Gweedore defence. Gweedore caught Donegal on the break midway through and it was Micheal Barry who put the game to bed beating the Donegal keeper from close range. David Graham got a consolation goal for Donegal late in the game. 3-1 to Gweedore United at the final whistleLifford Celtic 1 Convoy Arsenal 4Lifford started brightest and hit the front on 15 minutes with Alan Gethins volleying home a David Gethins’ cross following a fine move involving Adam Kelly and Colin Carlin. Convoy came into the game as halftime approached but Lifford’s defence held tight. The second half had only began when Convoy drew level, Lee White parried a Ryan Carlin free kick but Eunan Kelly was alert to tap home. Lifford where forced into three quick substitutions as injuries began to add up. Convoy took advantage of Lifford’s misfortune and hit the front on the hour mark as Guthrie finished following a through ball from Eunan Kelly. Convoy went on to add a further two goals as ex-Lifford player Robb scored on 70 minutes and Eunan Kelly grabbed his second and Convoys fourth on 80 minutes.Raphoe Town 1 Lagan Harps 2Raphoe welcomed Lagan Harps to the Deele College Grounds on a wet damp day for football. Raphoe played some great football in the first half and had Lagan pinned back for long periods with Micheal Quinn, Peter Mc Glynn and Christy Bogle dominant. Raphoe lost Peter Mc Glynn to a very late tackle and on came Stephen Laird who put in a great shift on the left. In the second half Raphoe never got to grips with the game and Lagan started to take control. Raphoe keeper Roy Duffy made and excellent save but shortly afterwards Doran put Lagan one up after a slip up by a Raphoe player. Then things went from bad to worse as the Raphoe keeper was sent off and Lagan got a second through Doran again. Raphoe then lost their stand in keeper through with a red card and a Lagan forward was sent off as well in a game that was far from dirty. Raphoe pulled a goal back through Keelan Gillen but it was too late. Team performance from both sides. Referee: Micky MulhernCT Ball Division TwoWhitestrand United 0 Deele Harps 1Whitestrand United played Deele Harps at Mc Garvey Park. The game started at a frenetic pace with both teams having chances. The deadlock was broken when Deele took the lead, a well taken goal. The game was affected by the rain as the ball always picked up pace off the surface. There weren’t many more clear cut chances as both teams strived to control the game in wet conditions. The second half started and the Whitestrand started on the front foot. They went in search of an equaliser. Whitestrand spent long periods in the opposition half of the pitch but struggled to create many clear cut opportunities. They had a goal disallowed for a tight offside decision but the game petered out and ended with only the one goal.Letterbarrow Celtic 5 Curragh Athletic 2This game was played in good spirits and Curragh broke the deadlock after 20 minutes when Garvin Tinney curled a fantastic shot in off the post after James McDaid had made a great save with the first effort. The home side restored parity when John Corley broke into the box and slotted the ball into the bottom corner from 10 yards. Letterbarrow took the lead on 40 minutes when Gerard Mc Brearty headed home after some good build up play. The visitors piled on the pressure at the start of the second half but on 65 minutes Christy Burke powered a header home from a James Mc Groary corner. John Corley got his second and Letterbarrow’s fourth on 70 minutes when he beat the offside trap to slot past the keeper. Gerard Mc Brearty got the fifth for the home side when he fired home from 20 yards after a neat one two. Shay Hannigan made in 5-2 when he scored from a corner on 85 minutes. Christy Burke was best for Letterbarrow, with Mickey O’Brien putting in a good performance for Curragh Athletic.Eany Celtic 1 Erne Wanderers 7Despite a bright start by Eany lost three quick goals to Mark Dorrian, Philip Patton and Diarmuid Slevin. Mark Dorrian was on target again in the 40th minute and completed his hat-trick on the stroke of half time. A spirited performance by Eany in the second half kept pressure on the visitors, but they were caught again and CianDolan ran through for Erne’s 6th. Mark Ward got one back for Eany with a near post header with 20 minutes left. Luke Dolan got the final goal in injury timeDunkineely Celtic 3 Copany Rovers 1Dunkineely Celtic got their first points of the season with a comprehensive home win over Copany Rovers. The home team dominated the opening exchanges and should have been on the scoreboard long before they got their first goal. Pauric Conaghan got the opening goal on 22 minutes when he finished well from 10 yards after being set up by Emmet Kennedy. Copany equalised two minutes later when veteran Thomas Given headed home from a corner which came from Copany’s first meaningful attack. Dunkineely continued to dominate possession but poor finishing and some last ditch defending kept the scores level at the break.Copany came out strongly after the break and almost caught the home defence napping on 46 minutes when a shot from the edge of the box went narrowly wide. Dunkineely got to grips with the game again and retook the lead on 55 minutes when Emmet Kennedy finished well from six yards from a Pauric Conaghan cross. The home team continued to create chances and Paul Murrin and Adrian Nesbitt both went close. They made the game safe on 75 minutes when Emmet Kennedy chipped the keeper from the right side of the box following another Pauric Conaghan cross. Best for Dunkineely were Aaron Byrne and Pauric Mc Intyre while Thomas Given led by example for a hard working Copany. Referee: Martin Mc AnennyRESULTSOld Orchard Saturday DivisionGlencar Celtic 1 v 3 Arranmore UnitedStrand Rovers 3 v 0 Fintown Harps AFCOrchard F.C. 5 v 0 Mulroy CelticDrumkeen United 2 v 0 Drumbar F.C.Glencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionErne Wanderers Reserves 0 v 1 Drumoghill F.C. ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves 2 v 3 Glenea United ReservesMilford United Reserves 1 v 1 Cappry Rovers ReservesKeadue Rovers Reserves 1 v 1 Castlefin Celtic ReservesCurragh Athletic Reserves 2 v 1 Glenree United ReservesBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCappry Rovers 1 v 4 Gweedore CelticCastlefin Celtic 3 v 1 Milford UnitedGlenea United 1 v 1 St. CatherinesRathmullan Celtic P v P Kilmacrennan CelticWatson Hire Division OneBonagee United 4 v 4 Keadue RoversKerrykeel ’71 F.C. 2 v 6 Cranford UnitedDonegal Town 1 v 3 Gweedore UnitedLifford Celtic 1 v 4 Convoy ArsenalRaphoe Town 1 v 2 Lagan HarpsCT Ball Division TwoWhitestrand United 0 v 1 Deele HarpsLetterbarrow Celtic 5 v 2 Curragh AthleticEany Celtic 1 v 7 Erne WanderersDunkineely Celtic 3 v 1 Copany RoversFIXTURESFriday 25th SeptemberGlencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionCurragh Athletic Reserves v Cappry Rovers Reserves ( K.O. 7.30 p.m.)Saturday 26th SeptemberFAI Junior CupDrumoghill F.C. Reserves v Kilmacrennan Celtic ( K.O. 1.30 p.m.)Drumkeen United v Gweedore Celtic ( K.O. 1.30 p.m.)Clones Town v Curragh Athletic ( K.O. 2 p.m.)Old Orchard Saturday Division K.O. 2 p.m. ( Unless Stated )Fintown Harps AFC v Orchard F.C.Glencar Celtic v Strand RoversGlencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionGlenree United Reserves v Erne Wanderers ReservesDonegal Town Reserves v St. Catherines ReservesKeadue Rovers Reserves v Milford United ReservesCastlefin Celtic Reserves v Glenea United Reserves Sunday 27th SeptemberFAI Junior Cup K.O. 1.30 p.m. ( Unless Stated )Greencastle F.C. v Erne WanderersGlengad United v Raphoe TownBallybofey United v GlasloughGweedore United v Rathmullan CelticDeele Harps v Glenea UnitedMilford United v Glenree UnitedDrumoghill F.C. v Lagan HarpsCavan Rangers v Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.Cavan Celtic v Donegal TownCappry Rovers v Cavan CelticCastlefin Celtic v Convoy ArsenalBonagee United v Lifford CelticKildrum Tigers v Carrowmena F.C.KS Eagles v Arranmore UnitedDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: September 20th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img read more