There were impressions that Downs & Chiefs will compete in the Champions League with Bucs and Wits taking part in the Confederation Cup but that will only be confirmed in September The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has cleared the air regarding slots that will be allocated to South African clubs in the next edition of both the Champions League and the Confederation Cup. The majority of SA football fans were made to believe that the two top PSL clubs will compete in the CAF Champions League in 2015, with a team that finishes third on the log taking part in the Confederation Cup together with Nedbank Cup winners. However, the African football governing body revealed that the decision to award slots will only be taken in September, while at the same admitting that SA could still have four spots in the next edition due to Orlando Pirates’ CAF run in the 2013 edition. “Regarding the slots awarded to South Africa, I think we should wait for the next rankings of member-association of Caf to be issued around September to know how many slots will be awarded to SA for the year 2015. “The rankings are made according to the performances of the clubs in Caf intercontinental competitions for the past five editions and that will be from 2009 to 2013,” said Caf media division director Junior Binyam on Metro FM on Tuesday. “Hopefully, depending on the performances of the other countries, South African can be awarded four slots for 2015, as Orlando Pirates reached the final last year. So, there can be four slots next year and back to two slots in 2016 because the performance of South African teams in 2014 wasn’t that good,” he said. “For now SA has two slots – one in the Champions League and one in the Confederation Cup – and the slots for the 2015 edition will be determined according to the rankings to be issued in September or latest in October,” he reiterated.
Jeeves at ‘home sweet home’ with his new family The Monaghans.A few weeks ago we brought you the shocking story of how a car pulled up outside a house in Mountain Top in Letterkenny and simply dumped a kitten on the footpath.The three month old black and white kitten was dumped before the person jumped into a waiting car and drove off.The owner of the house, who found the kitten crying on their doorstep, contacted the DSPCA who collected the kitten which they named Shadow. Now the good news is that one kind and caring family who read about Shadow’s plight on Donegal Daily have given him a new name – and a wonderful new life.This is the message they left with us complete with a picture of a very healthy and happy ‘Jeeves’!“Hi, we thought you’d like to know that after reading on your website about a kitten abandoned at the Mountain Top, we contacted the rescue centre & brought him home with us. He has had a few hard weeks, but after a few visits to Parkview Vets and a couple of courses of antibiotics and being syringe-fed for a while, the now re-named Jeeves is doing well. “He has settled into the family. He enjoys play fighting with our year old cat, Alfred and regularly snuggles up with our dogs, Honey & Poppy. He even enjoys watching our snake in the vivarium, although we can’t be sure he isn’t trying to work out how to get into the tank! We thought you might be wondering how he is doing after being abandoned in such an unkind way. He is being thoroughly spoiled by us all, The Monaghan Family.” KITTEN DUMPED BY MOTORIST GETS A NEW ‘HOME SWEET HOME’! was last modified: July 29th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalDSPCAdumpedkitteletterkenny