TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez: We need more in attackby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United boss Rafa Benitez says they need to improve their attack next month.Benitez was frustrated after their 0-0 draw with Fulham.He said, “We have to put into perspective where we were at the beginning and we are now playing against teams like Fulham and Wolves who have spent a lot of money during the summer.”But we carry on with a group of players who have been doing really well for us, fighting every game, but sometimes in these types of games you can see we need a little bit more and that is what we are looking for.”
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Wolves boss Nuno: Keeping Mitrovic quiet key to defeating Fulhamby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves boss Nuno says keeping Aleksandar Mitrovic quiet is key to defeating Fulham.Nuno knows that stopping the 24-year-old, who has netted 13 times for club and country this season, will be key to Wolves’ hopes on Boxing Day.“Last season in that moment he was a player who really helped them to get promoted,” Nuno said. “Their performance was fantastic and he is a very good player. I think he is one of the strikers who plays better with his back against the goal and we have to work on that.”Last season he created a lot of problems, especially because he was man to man with our last reference of defence. We have to balance better.”
Mourinho names Ronaldo Nazario as greatest player of all-timeby Paul Vegas13 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveJose Mourinho has named Ronaldo Nazario as the greatest player of all-time.Having enjoyed a glittering managerial career, which has seen him take charge of Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Manchester United, Mourinho knows a thing or two about talented footballers. “Ronaldo, El Fenomeno, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi have had longer careers, they have remained at the top every day for 15 years,” Mourinho told LiveScore.“However, if we are talking strictly about talent and skill, nobody surpasses Ronaldo [Nazario]. When he was at Barcelona with Bobby Robson, I realised that he was the best player I’d ever seen take to the field.“Injuries killed a career that could have been even more incredible, but the talent that that 19-year-old boy had was something incredible.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Wolves captain Coady: Strange playing against Liverpoolby Paul Vegas11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves captain Conor Coady admits it still feels strange playing against Liverpool.The centre-back spent 15 years at Anfield before joining Huddersfield Town in 2015.”It’s a weird feeling, when I play against them I want to win more than ever. I don’t know why that is. I just do,” said Coady.Asked about the Reds’ chances this season, Coady added: “I know it’s early doors, but I think with Liverpool this year they don’t seem to be panicking.”People are talking about them conceding and not keeping clean sheets but when they do they think it’s okay cause we can score another. City seemed like that last year.”With Liverpool, they missed out on the Champions League the year before and then they kick on again because the manager is that good.”I don’t want to speak too soon but they look to be going [up] again which is so good to see for them.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Former Florida State running back Karlos Williams is upset – and a little misinformed. Saturday afternoon, Williams, who is clearly watching his alma mater take on Syracuse, tweeted out his displeasure with head coach Jimbo Fisher for starting freshman Jacques Patrick over junior Mario Pender at running back in place of injured star Dalvin Cook. The only problem? Pender is out for the contest, still recovering from a collapsed lung he suffered back in September. Williams later realized his mistake.Pender ain’t dressed. Wtf— Karlos Williams Sr (@Karlos_29_SR) October 31, 2015 Pender did return to practice this week, for what it’s worth. But he’s been listed as out since Thursday.Fisher also said that Terrance Smith, Mario Pender, Marcus Lewis, Derrick Kelly will be out for Syracuse. Ryan Hoefeld is questionable.— Curt Weiler (@CurtMWeiler) October 29, 2015Another reminder to never tweet.
When Ron Piovesan moved from Toronto to the United States for work in 2001 he never considered the country’s gun culture as a reason to stay home.It was only after he had kids that the relentless headlines about gun violence — like the recent school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that left 17 students dead and this week’s incident at YouTube’s headquarters in San Bruno, Calif. — really started to weigh on him.“These things add up, and I don’t know what the tipping point is, but you get to a point where you think, ‘I don’t want my kids to be scared anymore,’” says the father of two, choking up as he describes how his children have experienced frightening lockdown drills at their elementary school.“It hits you in a much deeper place and a much more profound place when you have kids who are actually in school — and then that problem becomes a lot more real to you.”Still, the 46-year-old tech executive isn’t planning to uproot his family and return to Canada.“For the moment, I’m choosing to stay and try to make a difference in my community,” says Piovesan, who led a successful campaign last year to stop a gun store from opening in San Carlos, Calif., where he lives.It’s a sentiment shared by attorney Dawn Robertson, who moved with her family to San Francisco just over four years ago when her husband Mike Beltzner was hired to work for Pinterest and more recently Facebook.They have not considered moving back to where they previously lived in Toronto, but have become increasingly distressed by the prevalence of shootings in the U.S.“It’s one of those things that even when it happens you still feel like it can’t happen to you,” says Robertson, 41. “But I think certainly since Parkland and most recently with YouTube being close to us, we’re increasingly concerned — as people who can’t vote here — that we’ve got a major public safety issue living here that is suddenly certainly a concern for us and for our children.“It does weigh quite heavily on us. It’s not enough to make us turn around and move but certainly it’s something that does give us pause.”Zoe Kevork, an immigration lawyer and co-president of the Southern California chapter of Canadians Abroad, says gun culture is something that’s frequently overlooked when Canadians consider a move south.“People do think of us as being so similar … we’re right across the border, we watch all the same television, we have so many things in common culturally,” says Kevork.“But you really start to realize there are some significant cultural differences which you probably didn’t expect when you made the move down here.”Kevork, who has lived in the U.S. for 14 years, says she’s still shocked when a mass shooting makes the news, but finds Americans are no longer as shaken as they once were.“I’m happy I still get shocked by it because they’re so acclimatized to it here, it’s just a part of life. The ability to be shocked I think is what makes us Canadian right now,” she says.“We’re a lot more attuned these days to the things that differentiate us as Canadians, whether that’s the gun culture, whether that’s our treatment of refugees or treatment of immigrants generally.”Piovesan says he wouldn’t be surprised if some of the Canadians taking advantage of the great opportunities in Silicon Valley and elsewhere in the U.S., do start to reconsider their options at home.“I do think where a lot of people thought, ‘Oh I’m never going to move back,’ I do think as things appear to get progressively worse in the United States there will be a tipping point for many people where people think it’s not worth it anymore.”
KAMLOOPS, B.C. – A spill from Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline late last month was 48 times larger than initially reported, officials said.The spill volume reported from the company’s Darfield station north of Kamloops on May 27 was revised to 4,800 litres from 100 litres, the B.C. Ministry of Environment said Sunday.It said 100 litres is the minimum threshold under the company’s spill reporting obligations, so that’s why the ministry estimated 100 litres at the time.Trans Mountain spokeswoman Ali Hounsell said the company didn’t tell regulators how much medium crude oil escaped at the time of the spill.“Trans Mountain had not provided an estimate of the volume spilled, other than to confirm with regulators that it was over the reportable threshold, until cleanup had sufficiently progressed to a stage where an accurate estimation could be provided,” she said in an email.Following an onsite investigation, she said Trans Mountain has provided the updated volume estimate to regulators.Trans Mountain is in the final stages of completing the cleanup, she said.Under British Columbia’s spill reporting regulation, Trans Mountain was required to report the spill immediately. The regulation says the quantity spilled should be among the information included in that report, “to the extent practical.”The company turned off the pipeline for several hours the day of the spill, which the ministry said came from a leaking flow metre.The spill was contained to the station property and no waterways were affected, the ministry said.Two days later, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the federal government will spend $4.5 billion to buy the Trans Mountain expansion and Kinder Morgan Canada’s core assets.Kinder Morgan had ceased all non-essential spending on the Trans Mountain expansion in April, vowing to cancel it unless it received assurances it can proceed without delays and without undue risk to shareholders by a deadline of May 31.After the federal government’s announcement, the company said work would be restarted soon, with the government funding construction. The sale is expected to close in the second half of the year.
Taking place will be demonstrations, food pairings, speakers, games, and music as you sample the region’s best brews.A happy hour session will be held from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., with an evening session to run from 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.Tickets are $25.00 in advance, $30.00 at the door and is a 19+ event.Some of the proceeds will support local Rotary projects in Fort St. John.The Liquefied Natural Grains Beer Festival is taking place September 20 at the Lido Theatre.For more information, you can visit the Lido Theatre’s website. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The 1st Annual Liquefied Natural Grains Beer Festival is coming this September to the Lido Theatre.The Festival is an opportunity for you to discover your new favourite made-in-Northern B.C. beer.According to event organizers, the event will feature over 24 flavours from nine breweries coming from Fort St. John, Prince George, Quesnel, Valemount, Smithers, and Dunvegan, Alberta.
New Delhi: The Finance Ministry is in the process of shortlisting profit making subsidiaries of CPSEs having a minimum stipulated net-worth, which can be listed on the stock exchanges, an official said. Currently, profit making CPSEs with a minimum net-worth of Rs 500 crore are listed on the exchanges. The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) will be consulting administrative ministries and central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) before finalising the names of the subsidiaries for the stock exchange debut. “We are drafting a list of subsidiaries of CPSEs which can go in for listing through initial public offer. The net-worth threshold for such listing too would be decided after deliberation,” an official said. In 2017-18, there were 257 operational CPSEs, of which 184 were profit making. Most of the profit-making subsidiaries of CPSEs are in coal, power and oil and gas sector. The official said, CPSE arms having a track record of making profit for at least three years are likely to be picked up for listing. The DIPAM, the official said, is preparing the pipeline of state-owned companies which can be listed on the stock exchanges in the current financial year or subsequent fiscals. The pipeline is necessary as the government holding in most of the bluechip CPSEs is close to 51 per cent. Though the listing of CPSE subsidiaries will not fetch any money to the government directly but it will get money in the form of dividend from the parent company. In 2016, the DIPAM came out with capital restructuring guidelines for CPSEs, which mandates that they must pay a minimum annual dividend of 30 per cent of profit after tax or 5 per cent of the net worth, whichever is higher.