Just play Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Christopher Tolkien, son of Lord of the Rings author, dies aged 95 Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew MOST READ Makati coach Cholo Villanueva has learned enough to teach his team the ins and outs of pressure defense.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Cloudy skies over Luzon due to amihan Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Bicol riders extend help to Taal evacuees Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Harvey Weinstein rape trial Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award “You can’t teach what you don’t know,” said the former La Salle standout in the UAAP. “And (playing pressure defense) is something I’ve been teaching from the years of experience playing and being an understudy of the Pumarens (Franz and Derrick).”Makati proved it had a grasp of what had been La Salle’s calling card during the Pumaren years, forcing 34 turnovers on a bewildered Basilan squad for a 77-65 victory Tuesday night in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League at Baliuag Star Arena in Baliwag, Bulacan.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownMakati drew 38 points from those Basilan error to come up with a smashing performance that rivaled that of home squad Bulacan, which crushed Rizal, 80-61.“We’ve prepared hard this season, knowing that we’ll be facing strong teams along the way,” said Bulacan coach BrittReroma. “But we just want to improve day-by-day.” Taal victims get help from Kalayaan town In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’
A break and enter in the Rolla area of Dawson Creek last Tuesday has RCMP looking for suspects.The land owner told police that someone had broken into the homestead that was no longer occupied. Later, a stolen truck and fifth wheel camper were found on the property.Further digging showed that both vehicles were stolen earlier in the month – the truck had been stolen out of Grande Prairie, and the trailer from Beaverlodge. Now, Dawson Creek RCMP are awaiting the results of forensic examination completed on both the truck and trailer to continue the investigation.- Advertisement -Police are asking anyone with more information on this case to contact them directly – or, if you wish to remain anonymous, to contact Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Knock Airport.Thousands of Donegal residents regularly frequent Knock Airport every year because of its brilliant cheap offers on exotic destinations.Well now management at Knock Airport are set to reward you even further by offering passengers a whopping 30% off parking when you book online.Ireland West Airport Knock have launched a special car parking promotion for Donegal residents who book their car parking online on www.irelandwestairport.com. For a one week period from 25th February to March 4th 2015 – all online car park bookings made during this period using the promo code ‘DONEGAL’ will automatically save 30% on the normal gate rate price for parking at the airport.In 2015 Ireland West Airport Knock will have services to over 20 International destinations.The airport offers the largest choice of UK destinations from any airport along the Western seaboard, with over 100 weekly flights to and from key UK markets such as London Luton and Stansted with Ryanair, London Gatwick with Aer Lingus, Manchester and Birmingham with Flybe and Bristol, East Midlands and Liverpool with Ryanair.The airport has become a popular gateway for sun breaks with the addition of a number of new services to European hotspots including weekly services in 2015, starting in April, to the likes of Alicante (twice weekly), Barcelona (twice weekly) Croatia (weekly) Faro-Algarve (three times weekly) Lanzarote, (weekly) Malaga (weekly) Milan (twice weekly) and Tenerife (weekly). Which have proved hugely popular with holidaymakers from all over Ireland, with increasing numbers opting for Ireland West Airport due to the convenience, value for money and hassle free nature of travelling from the airport.Commenting on this new initiative for Donegal residents, Donal Healy, Marketing Manager, said, “With savings of 30% on your airport car parking theres never been a better time for Donegal people to fly from Ireland West Airport Knock.“We are now attracting more and more passengers from the Donegal region as they recognise the value for money, convenience and most importantly the increasing range of low fares flights to attractive European destinations now available from the airport’.“Further advantages of booking your online parking at the airport means you can also benefit from parking your car onsite, within minutes walk of the terminal.“Whilst all car park spaces are available at the online price – with no price difference between short term and long term parking. To avail of this special car parking promotion at Ireland West Airport Knock book online at www.irelandwestairport.com using the promo code ‘DONEGAL’. Offer ends March 4th 2015.DONEGAL PASSENGERS CAN SAVE UP TO 30% BY BOOKING ONLINE AT KNOCK AIRPORT was last modified: February 25th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BusinessFeaturesKnock AirportnewsParking
12 October 2004South African National Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi was elected the new president of Interpol at the end of the international agency’s 73rd general assembly in Cancun, Mexico on Friday.Interpol, founded in 1923 to help police fight trans-border crime, is the world’s largest international police organisation, with 181 member countries on five continents.Selebi, who was Interpol vice-president for Africa, was elected by a vote of 89 to 31 over Mexican nominee Genaro Garcia Luna, director of the Mexican Federal Agency for Investigations.Selebi is the first African to hold the post, taking over from Spaniard Jesus Espigares Mira, who was at Interpol’s helm since 2000.Selebi’s role during his four-year term will include chairing meetings of Interpol’s executive committee, which supervises the implementation of decisions taken at the body’s general assembly.In accepting his election, Selebi said one of his priorities would be to help strengthen weaker regions among Interpol’s 182 member countries.“We need to ensure that areas such as the Caribbean and Africa become part and parcel of the organisation, and we need to accrue benefits from their membership”, Selebi said.“As President of Interpol, I am ready to serve all members of the international police community in every area of crime-fighting.”Interpol ended its general assembly with a call for wider data access for the world’s police, saying the fight against international crime and terrorism would be more efficient “if international police information can be shared at all levels – local, regional and international”.Interpol offers police in its member countries a range of services and databases to fight international crime, including wanted persons notices, a variety of databases – including fingerprints, stolen travel documents, stolen vehicles and child abuse images – criminal analysis services and anti-terrorism programmes.SouthAfrica.info reporter
Social networking site Facebook has just announced the formation of the “Facebook Safety Advisory Board,” a group of five Internet safety organizations that will council the company on all issues related to online safety. The board members will review Facebook’s current safety-related procedures and documentation as well as make suggestions regarding best practices and other procedures. Although the company has sought council from many of the participating organizations in the past, this new board formalizes those relationships so Facebook can gather even more feedback as to how they can improve safety on their site. Facebook is Determined Not to Go the MySpace Route What killed MySpace? One could argue it was a combination of factors, but at the top of the list was spam, cyberbullying and sex offenders. A friend request from a pretty girl on MySpace was, at best, spam for an adult-oriented business and, at worst, an attempted virus attack. Cyberbullying, a crime that affected as many as a third of all teen Internet users as of 2007, became even more of a hot topic when a particular incident led to the suicide of a 13-year-old girl. And even though MySpace kicked out 90,000 registered sex offenders in February of this year, it wasn’t actually good PR for the company; concerned parents were shocked there were that many in the first place. Meanwhile, MySpace visitor counts declined to the lowest levels ever this year.Facebook is determined not to go the same route as its predecessor when it comes to online safety. From day one, the site has been more careful about who can join their network than MySpace ever was. Based on a “real-name” culture, Facebook users have to sign up with their real names, not their nicknames. They can’t set up fake profiles, either. In addition, the company recently announced a series of privacy controls for its users, which will allow even more protections regarding what content is shared and with who. And as the Facebook press release noted, the company has been working to keep sex offenders off the site and has participated in various task forces and campaigns regarding online safety. About the Global Advisory BoardWith the formation of this new advisory board – which includes members from Common Sense Media, ConnectSafely, WiredSafety, Childnet International and The Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI) – Facebook hopes to stretch their safety initiatives even further than before. The first task the board will address is an overhaul of the safety-related content hosted on the site’s Help Center. Currently the page details Facebook’s policies regarding safety, privacy and abuse, but the Q&A section only contains 12 questions. The overhaul will expand this one-page help center to become what the company describes as “a comprehensive resource with specific educational content for parents, teachers, and teens.”Future initiatives will involve addressing other safety and privacy concerns, especially those affecting young children. Facebook says it plans on meeting with the advisory board regularly. Hopefully, that means that Facebook will vet new features through the board prior to launching in order to avoid privacy disasters like the all-too-revealing Beacon advertising system of the past. However, the company will need to be careful about letting safety concerns stifle future innovation. Keep in mind that hundreds of thousands of users declared the Facebook News Feed, now one of the site’s most valuable features, an invasive and unwanted breech of trust when it launched. What would the council have said about the News Feed? Make it opt-in only? That would have dramatically changed what Facebook is today, if so.Still, Facebook today seems like a company that’s smart enough to toe that thin line between between innovation and disaster, likely in part due to its missteps in the past. Meanwhile, the new advisory board should help the company sustain their continued growth by making sure that new users have the resources they need to feel safe and protected. Related Posts A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videos Tags:#Facebook#news#NYT#web Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification sarah perez
After scoring twice in Chelsea’s 4-1 win over Arsenal in the Europa League final, Eden Hazard said it was the moment to call time on his magnificent career with the London club to seek new challenges.The Belgian is widely expected to join Real Madrid and he capped a superb display against Premier League rivals Arsenal by converting from the penalty spot to make it 3-0 before adding the fourth to complete the rout.”My dream was to play in the Premier League and I did it for seven years. I think it’s a goodbye,” Hazard told BT Sport.Chelsea had broken the deadlock in the 49th minute through former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud and Hazard created the second goal for substitute Pedro.”It was good. The first half both teams had a bit of stress because it was a final. But when Olly (Giroud) scored it was the beginning of a great night,” Hazard said.”We played well in the second half. We tried to play our football and we knew we had the players to do that. It is a great trophy to win.”Hazard, 28, joined Chelsea from Lille in 2012 for 32 million pounds ($40.41 million) and won the Europa League in his first season, later winning the Premier League title in 2015 and 2017 as well as one League Cup and one FA Cup.Real Madrid have not tried to hide their desire to sign Hazard, with president Florentino Perez admitting this week that he has been chasing his signature for years and expects to land the Belgian this summer.advertisementAlso Read | Europa League: Hazard’s brilliance helps Chelsea thrash Arsenal 4-1 to lift trophyAlso Read | Neymar’s injury gives Brazil Copa America scareAlso See
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez: We need more in attackby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United boss Rafa Benitez says they need to improve their attack next month.Benitez was frustrated after their 0-0 draw with Fulham.He said, “We have to put into perspective where we were at the beginning and we are now playing against teams like Fulham and Wolves who have spent a lot of money during the summer.”But we carry on with a group of players who have been doing really well for us, fighting every game, but sometimes in these types of games you can see we need a little bit more and that is what we are looking for.”
Bat Tricks GirlSoftball, as we all know, is a game of statistics. Here’s an impressive number for you. The below Vine, posted one day ago, has nearly 8 million loops. Why? Because it features an incredible softball bat trick.The girl’s name is Marisa Arriaga, and she hails from Cedar Hill, Texas. She posted the original video back in June, but it’s gone viral the past 24 hours. In the clip, she lifts a bat off of the ground with her foot, bounces it behind her back, kicks the ball off of the tee, juggles it, and then crushes it into the woods. It’s awesome.Bat tricks? pic.twitter.com/M2JqHXR08l— marisa (@marisa_arriaga) June 24, 2015Yeah, I can’t do that. Impressive, to say the least.
Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James earned his second-consecutive league MVP award Sunday, one night after his 35 points led the Cavs to a 101-93 victory over the Boston Celtics in the first game of their Eastern Conference semifinals series. James, who has a bone bruise and strain in his right elbow, took home 116 of the 123 possible first-place votes.Tiger Woods missed the cut at the Quail Hollow Championship, just the sixth time in his PGA Tour career that he failed to reach weekend play. Woods shot a 7-over 79 during the second round on Friday after firing a 74 in Thursday’s opening round. The 79 marked Woods’ second-worst round as a professional, as he missed the cut by eight strokes.Floyd Mayweather topped “Sugar” Shane Mosley in a unanimous 12-round decision Saturday night. Each of the three ringside judges had Mayweather winning every round after the second, when Mosley nearly knocked Mayweather to the ground. Two of the judges scored the fight 119-109 in favor of Mayweather, who remained undefeated in 41 fights. The third judge scored it 118-110.
US men’s soccer coach Jurgen Klinsmann waves to the fans after a game against Mexico Sept. 10 at Crew Stadium. The US won, 2-0.Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editorThe United States Men’s National Team’s all-time leading scorer won’t be playing at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, but the story isn’t about Landon Donovan.The story is about USMNT coach Jurgen Klinsmann after he decided to leave the 32-year-old forward off his 23-man roster for Rio de Janeiro.By leaving him at home, Klinsmann has placed himself firmly on the hot seat – especially in the eyes of American fans.Donovan is not the player he used to be, nobody can argue with that, but he is still more than just a shell of his former self. While he may not have the same pace and goal scoring ability as he had in the past, Donovan has played in three World Cups and could bring much needed leadership and poise to a young squad.The facts are simple; Donovan wasn’t one of the best 23 in Klinsmann’s eyes, and the coach better hope he’s right. The U.S. is set to take on a tough group that many are dubbing the “group of death.” Germany is a talented and deep team, Portugal boasts Cristiano Ronaldo among other stars and Ghana has always had the USMNT’s number.Before releasing his roster, nobody would have blamed Klinsmann if his team didn’t make it out of the group stage. Now, after making the most polarizing decision possible – save cutting captain Clint Dempsey or Everton goalie Tim Howard – the former Germany boss has increased the pressure on himself to astronomic levels.Even though Donovan was not going to be a starter for every game, there is nobody who would have been upset to see him on the team. With Donovan at home, fans have a reason to hate Klinsmann for the first time since he took over the squad in 2011.Overall Klinsmann has been wildly successful as the U.S. coach. He led the team to a 12-game winning streak – an all-time best for the USMNT. The U.S. qualified for the World Cup in spectacular fashion and boasts possibly its most talented roster of all time.Yet nobody will be talking about young stars such as Bayern Munich’s Julian Green or AZ Alkmaar striker Aron Jóhannsson. The chatter won’t even be about Dempsey, Howard or Sunderland’s Jozy Altidore. By excluding Donovan, Klinsmann took all the spotlight away from the players who will be in Brazil and put it firmly on the one who won’t.This is a make-or-break tournament for the U.S. If the team can make it out of the group stage, the talent is validated. If they don’t – especially without Donovan – it will be a failure, no matter how unfair that may be considering the draw.Regardless of Klinsmann’s contract extension that is set to keep him with the team until 2018, if this 23-man squad doesn’t deliver, he will be in a pile of trouble with the fans and, quite possibly, his bosses.Donovan’s exclusion is now an excuse to band together against the coach, while his inclusion would have had absolutely no negative implications.Klinsmann claims the players he chose are just ahead of Donovan’s current ability, but I can’t imagine 31-year-old forward Chris Wondolowski – he of just 19 international appearances – will do any better than Donovan could.I certainly hope the coach ends up looking like a genius by making it out of the group, and he should be hoping the same.By ditching Donovan, Klinsmann has placed the target firmly on his own back.